FanaticModz

Full Version: ASUS M5A78L-M/USB3 Overclocking
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, FM.

Today i will be overclocking my CPU from 3.6Ghz to 4Ghz then 4.2Ghz.

I am using a testing CPU for you guys (AMD FX 4100 Unlocked) on a ASUS M5A78L-M/USB3 Motherboard.

Firstly, i recommend a open case or a good ventilated case IF you have stock cooler.

Next you will need to go into your bios on start-up, then go into JumperFree configuration then you will see a CPU Overclock option, switch this to manual after this, a option will pop up underneath the option with a number of 200 inside it.. to get 4Ghz, edit this to 230 to get 4.2Ghz you need to edit it to 235.

These numbers will produce those speeds IF your multiplier is 18.

Then you need to go into CPU Configuration in the BIOS and turn 'Cool 'n' Quiet' OFF.

Sorry if this is not exactly detailed but all i do is change that number and it overclocks so... :/

Note: AMD FX 4100 has a unique structure & i think it is faster with stock settings but you see increase in FPS etc IF overclocked.

Thankyou
lol this is confusing... up to step 1.
(07-30-2012, 02:06 PM)Lawson Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.lol this is confusing... up to step 1.

Not really.